Saturday, June 2, 2007

leaving Guangzhou + itinerary

We are leaving Guangzhou Sunday June 3rd, flying to Wuhan at 3pm. We have been told that one our pieces of luggage is at the Guangzhou airport now and that the other piece will arrive Sunday morning, so we will be able to pick up both pieces before we fly to Wuhan! Finally, our own clothes! In the mean time, I am wearing my brand spankin' new Tommy Hilfiger shirt ($11.70 USD at your local clothing store, probably $60 at Macy's). Here's the itinerary for the week: Sunday -- fly to Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, the province where Emily lives with her foster family. Monday -- get Emily!!!!!! Tuesday -- finalize adoption. Wednesday -- fly to Ensi. Thursday -- visit Allie's orphanage and her finding place (the place where she most likely was born and lived for 7 weeks before she was abandoned at a local park and then taken to the orphanage). Friday -- have documents notarized. Saturday -- fly back to Guangzhou. Sunday through Tuesday -- free time in Guangzhou!! Wednesday -- take Emily to US consulate to become a US citizen and then fly home. Thursday -- arrive home! Signing off for now, next post should include photos of Emily! Love, Mark, Jill and Allie

2 comments:

Patti said...

Mark, Jill and Allie,
Having been through this a few times ourselves and a plane held for me once, we are SO there with you and I was holding my breath the whole time I was reading. Oh my gosh! God is sooo good to have given you many angels throughout your path to ensure your safe arrival and what a story to tell and bonding for you guys (once you get your breath back!) We are so happy you have arrived safely and will get your bags. How innocent kids are, huh? Gotta love it! How many parents can say they've gone through what we all have for our children!? What love and grace! Mark, your e-mails will make such a wonderful part of Emily's journal for her to read someday! Stay strong, you know the best is yet to come! Enjoy some chinese food for me, you know how much I LOVE it!!! Can't wait to read what's next!
Love ya', Patti & Gang

Kristen Berrington said...

Everytime I read that departure story I get teary! It's so nice to know there are still so many wonderful people in the world. I'm glad you made it safely - give both of those girls a huge hug for me. Love you guys!